cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neat turning on heating when not scheduled

DaftFin
Community Member

Can anyone help me with this please? I have a schedule set up for my heating but the heating turns on when it feels like it and chooses it's own temp. These are my settings if anyone can help thanks 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3

DaftFin
Community Member

I can't work out how to attach photos to the post🤔

ImNotANestUser
Community Member

What model of Nest thermostat do you have?  It is my understanding that the Nest thermostats all want to 'learn' what your behaviors are so it can take over the schedule.  So, yes, it's turning on/off the heat when it feels like it.  There may be a way to disable the 'learned' features but that kind of defeats the purpose of the Nest.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd like to know more about it. A few questions: what type of Nest Thermostat do you have? In what country are you located? Please provide your thermostat's power readings. Also, checking your thermostat Energy History will tell you what your thermostat is doing previously.

Check out this guide on how to gather the power readings:

Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E:

1. Go to your thermostat Quick View menu.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Look for Technical Info.
  4. Select Power.

Nest Thermostat 2020:

1. Open the Google Home app and then tap the thermostat and then tap Settings .
  2. Select the Device Information.
  3. Choose Technical Information.

To share a photo, click this link then scroll down to your response and hit reply. Check for the camera icon or click the three horizontal dots to expand the toolbar.

I appreciate your input, @ImNotANestUser.

Best,

Jenelyn