cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Doorbell not signalling hub

ajs214602
Community Member

I bought the Nest wired doorbell and Google hub package. I have them set up on the same WIFI network and I told Google to sync my devices while sitting net to the hub. It answered OK and shows the the doorbell and hub next to each other.

When anyone pushes the doorbell button it does not show a notification on the hub. You have to tap on the screen, press "Home Controls" and then select "Live Video" to see who is near the door bell.

I have read through so many blogs/instructions with no help. Some blogs say both devices need to be setup in Google home App (I did that ) AND the Nest app. I was able to add my Nest doorbell to the Nest app but when I try to add the hub to the Nest app is says it needs to be added to Google Home, so back to First base...

@ links to members

Help needed and appreciated

AJS

1 Recommended Answer

@ajs214602 

Since your first post said "I was able to add my Nest doorbell to the Nest app", I assumed that you must have the Google Nest Hello Doorbell, because that doorbell can only be installed in the Google Nest app.  (We have 3 of them.)

But if you actually installed your Nest doorbell in the Google Home app (along with your Nest Hub), then you must have the 2nd gen Google Nest Doorbell (wired), which CANNOT be installed in the Google Nest app, and does not need to be installed there.

And if that is the case, then you need to turn on "Visitor announcements" for your 2nd gen Google Nest Doorbell in the Google Home app, as noted in the Help link I shared earlier.

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@ajs214602 

The Google Nest Hello Doorbell can only be installed in the Google Nest app.

Do you have "Visitor announcements" turned on in your Google Nest Hello Doorbell's settings in the Google Nest app?

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7672451

We get visitor announcements from our Google Nest Hello Doorbells (installed in the Google Nest app) on our Nest Hubs (installed in the Google Home app).

Are your doorbell and your Nest Hub in the same Google Nest "home/structure" in the Google Nest app and the Google Home app, respectively? (My guess is that the are, because you can view your doorbell's live video on your Nest Hub.)

I tried to add the doorbell in the Nest app and I get this message(see attached screenshot). Do I need to delete everything and start again?

It looks like from these steps listed in #5 of this section, I need to install in the Nest App first before the Home App? Just afraid if I delete everything out of the Home app and go back into the Nest app to add the doorbell that I am still going to get the same error message.

Still need help,
Thanks,
TonyScreenshot_20240501_083448_Nest.jpg

@ajs214602 

Since your first post said "I was able to add my Nest doorbell to the Nest app", I assumed that you must have the Google Nest Hello Doorbell, because that doorbell can only be installed in the Google Nest app.  (We have 3 of them.)

But if you actually installed your Nest doorbell in the Google Home app (along with your Nest Hub), then you must have the 2nd gen Google Nest Doorbell (wired), which CANNOT be installed in the Google Nest app, and does not need to be installed there.

And if that is the case, then you need to turn on "Visitor announcements" for your 2nd gen Google Nest Doorbell in the Google Home app, as noted in the Help link I shared earlier.

ajs214602
Community Member

Thanks very much, that worked. Very tricky to find that option...:-)