cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Hub 2ed Gen

DennyG
Community Member

I am looking to seek assistance with a recurring issue I am experiencing with my Nest Hub 2ed Gen. Despite selecting different tones for my alarm, the same tone plays every time the alarm goes off.

I set the alarm directly on the screen by clicking on Alarm and then selecting the desired tone. However, no matter what tone I select, the outcome remains the same.

I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance you can provide to resolve this issue. Thank you for your time and assistance.

10 REPLIES 10

SmartHomeH-TAGS
Community Member

Just to be clear, do you make the selection on the left, press set and then save the alarm it by pushing done.

Did you know you can change the default alarm tone? Swipe up from the bottom and select the Alarm icon. Press settings cog and then Alarm tone.

20240322_081449.jpg

DennyG
Community Member

Thank you for you reply 

yes this is exactly the way I set my tone I click on the tone then I click on set and then done but when the alarm goes off, it plays a completely different tone, but it’s the same tone all the time no matter what I do, no matter how many times I change it no matter how many times I click on done set it doesn’t make a difference. It still plays the one tone.

What about changing the default tone?

DennyG
Community Member

I tried that also unless I'm missing something. 😞 Is there a video??

It's pretty straightforward. Swipe up from the bottom and select the Alarm icon. Press settings cog and then Alarm tone.

It worked for me today.

Otherwise you might have to factory reset. 

DennyG
Community Member

How do I do a factory reset 

because I have done the default setting.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7073477?hl=en-AU

And search on YouTube for more information.

DennyG
Community Member

Thank you thank you so much for your help. I did a factory reset I won’t know if it will take affect until Monday morning. My alarm goes off at 6 AM Monday Tuesday Wednesday, Thursday,.

Your welcome 👍 

I wouldn't be able to wait that long.

I'd set an alarm, see of it works and then delete it.

When I set it for a time lets say its 5 pm I set the alarm for 5:02 it plays the tome that i picked but when Mon, Tue, Wed & Thurs comes around it plays a different tone, so I wont know till Mon if the reset worked.