cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orbit B-Hyve Integration Issues

jrobillard
Community Member

I have linked my Orbit B-Hyve to google home and am trying to use google home to control it. I've successfully connected my account and the device shows up on Google home and my Next Hub Max and Nest Hub. One both devices the Device Tile shows a status of "Loading" If I select the device I get a screen showing the device name, a sprinkler icon, and a play and pause button. If I push the play button the B-Hyve starts the program in slot A. The stop button stops the program.

When trying to use voice commands I run into problems. Orbit claims that the following voice commands should work...

Screenshot 2023-06-07 140132.png

My zones are names "frontyard" and "backyard". Program A is labeled "Yard".

The command "Start Watering" Starts the program in slot A as expected. but google home returns an error message "can't load status" B-hyve

The command "Start Watering Zone 1" Returns an error message "sorry, it looks like that device hasn't been set up yet. You can do that in assistant settings"

The command "Start Watering Zone 2" starts a 10 minute program on zone 2 as expected and returns an error message, "can't load status, B-hyve" and reports status of "Alright, starting B-hyve in Zone 2"

The command, "start watering frontyard", Returns an error message "sorry, it looks like that device hasn't been set up yet. You can do that in assistant settings"

The command, "start watering backyard" starts a 10 minute program on zone 2 as expected and returns an error message, "can't load status, B-hyve" and reports status of "Alright, starting B-hyve in the backyard.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Dawnkniest
Community Member

I have the EXACT same problem.  Did you get this resolved?

jrobillard
Community Member

I haven't looked at it since, but I don't expect that anything has changed. My experience with Google home is that it's very limited and can only handle simple commands like turning a light on or off. 

Gruv1414
Community Member

I can't even re link my account to Google home.

Is this a Google home issue or orbit...

Chimera
Community Member

I disconnected my bhyve account with Google home so that I could switch which device was connected. Now I keep getting an error message stating " Could not connect to Orbit B-Hyve" . I've un-installed and reinstalled the app. Turned off my phone, I've made sure on sale wifi network. Same issue . Any suggestions?