cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yell at midnight porch pirates?

PirateHunter
Community Member

1) My neighborhood is pretty safe generally, but I have Nest cameras set up jic (covering my front and back doors), especially because...

2) ...my work means I frequently have to go out of town for a few days at at time with little notice. I've never had a break-in or anything, but...

3) I frequently have deliveries sitting on my porch overnight, and sometimes I wake up to Nest footage of the scurvy dogs making off with two bottles of shampoo and a HDMI cable (or whatever).

If I wanted to stay up all night in my hotel room on guard duty I could use the Nest speaker to yell at porch pirates. I don't. How can I automate my setup to play a pre-recorded sound clip any time a camera detects visitors between 1:00-4:00am?

1 Recommended Answer

JWillRVA
Community Member

I wish!

With a Nest Aware subscription you can set up alerts in activity zones for motion so that you know if someone is coming onto your porch but unfortunately there is no way in the Nest or Google Home app to set up an automatic response.

Id suggest bright motion activated lights, a porch delivery box, or signature required when you know you’re about to leave so that the carriers hold the package until you’ve returned home.

good luck!

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

JWillRVA
Community Member

I wish!

With a Nest Aware subscription you can set up alerts in activity zones for motion so that you know if someone is coming onto your porch but unfortunately there is no way in the Nest or Google Home app to set up an automatic response.

Id suggest bright motion activated lights, a porch delivery box, or signature required when you know you’re about to leave so that the carriers hold the package until you’ve returned home.

good luck!