cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

GOOGLE HOME MINI (Spotify) Podcasts Play for 2 seconds then skips the podcast!

Ashton_Will
Community Member

So I would say the command to my google home mini "Hey Google play the latest episode of The Joe Rogan Experience on Spotify" and she replies, "Playing the Joe Rogan Experience on Spotify" and then it plays the intro of the JRE then it skips the podcast altogether and starts playing different podcasts. Now I would say to google, "Hey google what am I listening to" and she says like a different podcast title so not JRE!

I have ask google home mini about 5 times "Hey Google play the latest episode of The Joe Rogan Experience on Spotify" but it continues to play different podcasts altogether! So I don't know what to do PLZ HELP

2 REPLIES 2

pan
Community Member

Same problem here. I have a Spotify playlist with podcast episodes, and there are 3 episodes from 2 different podcasts that the Mini refuses to play. It plays fine on my phone (moto g52) but when I put to cast to the nest mini it plays less than 2s and skips to the next on the playlist. I tried playing them from the "New Episodes" automatic playlist and even the standalone episode - all skipped. Asking by voice didn't work either, it says it will play and then just doesn't. I also tried Amazon Music and it was actually worse: it wouldn't play any episodes at all when casting.

Don't know if it makes a difference but the podcasts in question are 'Panorama CBN' and 'Café da Manhã' (Brazilian daily news and political podcasts; Café da Manhã is a "Spotify Original") . All apps are updated, cleared all the caches, turned off and on again - I only didn't do full factory reset because I'd prefer to exhaust other possible solutions before.

Ashton_Will
Community Member

Yea don't do a factory reset it just stuffs things up more! Have you tried pulling the plug out of the wall if not delete Spotify and then reinstall it, after that sign out of Spotify twice because it apparently clears caches. Another way you can maybe fix the problem is going into the Google Home App and going into the podcast section and unlinking your Spotify then relinking it again! If all that Doesn't work what you will have to do is go onto your phone open up Spotify and tap on the podcast you want to listen to and wait for it to play, then while it starts playing wait 8 to 10 seconds then pause your podcast on your phone close Spotify then wait like 5 minutes then go and ask your google home mini this command "Hey Google resume Spotify Podcasts" she should reply "Playing Podcasts on Spotify" then give in 2 to 3 seconds and it SHOULD start playing the podcast you paused! But I recommend you do the steps above.