cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Nest Aware and Video History is Deleted

christy2
Community Member

Hi, 

We had an incident and I was trying to pull camera footage from our doorbell. I had a previous subscription and could pull a still photo but not the full footage. I logged in and decided to upgrade because it was marketed as last 30 days of event history thinking that would give me the video history, and everything got deleted. How can I recover that and get it back? 

1 Recommended Answer

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@christy2 

There is no Nest Aware subscription level that provides still photos. If you have NO Nest Aware subscription, you get photo snapshots for the most recent 3 hours for 1st gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells, and event video history for the most recent 3 hours for 2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9681538

When you get a Nest Aware subscription, video history begins to get saved when you purchase the subscription. The only way Google Nest could retroactively provide 30 days of event video history as soon as you purchase a Nest Aware subscription is if they were secretly recording your event video history without your knowledge or permission, and they don't do that.

Perhaps Google Nest deletes the free still photos for the most recent 3 hours when you purchase a Nest Aware subscription, though this is not documented anywhere. But those still photos get deleted anyhow 3 hours after the event.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@christy2 

There is no Nest Aware subscription level that provides still photos. If you have NO Nest Aware subscription, you get photo snapshots for the most recent 3 hours for 1st gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells, and event video history for the most recent 3 hours for 2nd gen Google Nest cameras and doorbells.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9681538

When you get a Nest Aware subscription, video history begins to get saved when you purchase the subscription. The only way Google Nest could retroactively provide 30 days of event video history as soon as you purchase a Nest Aware subscription is if they were secretly recording your event video history without your knowledge or permission, and they don't do that.

Perhaps Google Nest deletes the free still photos for the most recent 3 hours when you purchase a Nest Aware subscription, though this is not documented anywhere. But those still photos get deleted anyhow 3 hours after the event.