cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Protect in Google Home App.

SpaceCowboy55
Community Member

C’mon Google - at least provide an update on this for crying out loud. You’ve had plenty of time to get this working and is a HORRIBLE customer experience forcing people to manage Google/Nest products in two different apps.  Every post I’ve seen on this subject since 2023 has zero response from anyone at Google and is closed to comments. Do NOT close this conversion until I tell you you can. Get your **bleep** together and do the right thing.

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

We've had to use two different apps for 2-1/2 years, ever since we bought a battery camera. And there is no end in sight. The Google Nest Hello Doorbells still cannot be "transferred" to the beta "Public Preview" version of the Google Home app, which still lacks numerous Nest app functions (https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/13038234#zippy=%2Cnest-app-only-features), and the glitchy beta "Public Preview" home.google.com website is still live-streaming only, lacking most of the functionality of the home.nest.com website.

Yeah this seems to be a long outstanding ask and every thread I’ve seen for the last two+ years has no response from Google other than “we’re working on it”. Google used to excel at this software stuff. What the heck has happened?

No clue. This has been a known issue before. I can try to see If I can raise to have it integrated into the google home app. I think since the issue with the migration when google brought nest. I don't if there is incompatibility issues. But hopefully they integrate it soon.