cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Protect

Srsplato
Community Member

I get to the setup where I enter my WiFi network and password and I keep getting error p006.  My nest thermostat works fine. I have removed it from the app and no success.  I have reset the router and network, I have reset my iPhone 13 Pro, I have reset the Nest Protect and tried 2 different new ones, I have gone closer to the WAP.  I have a full WiFi connection signal. 

once again my nest pro thermostat connects every time, but I have left it disconnected and I have removed my app from the phone and reinstalled it.  I used to have nest protect on this same network 3 years ago when we moved. I am just now putting in new Nest protects.  

can someone help figure this out?  

3 REPLIES 3

Strackner
Community Member

Do you have a Nest doorbell?

Strackner
Community Member

The bottom line fix for us was removing the Nest Doorbell and then the Nest Protect would install. 
we went back and installed the doorbell again after.

it had something to do with Nest Protect talking with the Neat Doorbell and once that was avoided by removing it, it installed fine.

Customer Service was not helpful at Google.

Srsplato
Community Member

Turns out the security on my WiFi network would not allow the communication between smoke alarms.  I had a separate network setup just for the smoke alarms and it solved the problem.