cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can the Next Thermostat without Heatlink ?

SurajNest
Community Member

I have an existing Valliant CV kettel Heating only Boiler .

The existing Thermostat is a Honeywell Touch Therm.    ( 2 wire ) system Red and White wires.

Is it possible to just connect the 2 wires onto the Next Thermostat and not connect the Heatlink to the Boiler considering the Nest Thermostat is Turning the Boiler ON /OFF only? Kindly guide .

Basically Connecting the Nest Thermostat to 2 wires is very easy while rewiring the CV Boiler circuit to the Heatlink unit  is more challenging and may need special Installation which I would like to avoid.

1 Recommended Answer

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

I probably would not do that as the Nest is 12v!! The Nest Display also talks to the Heat Link for switching, so without the Heat Link it aint going to work!

I think you need to read the install wiring........

https://nest.com/support/images/misc-nest-thermostat-eu/gen3-install/3rd-gen-Nest-Learning-Thermosta...

Note..........I just noticed I answered an earlier question from you. Before you do any work on this install you need to understand exactly the thermostat you have purchased. Installing a Nest is more complicated than you think, and from the information you state on the other post, you have a used set. First you need to make sure this one is working, and if purchased from ebay who knows what you have.

Can you upload a picture of the Heat Link showing the front?

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

I probably would not do that as the Nest is 12v!! The Nest Display also talks to the Heat Link for switching, so without the Heat Link it aint going to work!

I think you need to read the install wiring........

https://nest.com/support/images/misc-nest-thermostat-eu/gen3-install/3rd-gen-Nest-Learning-Thermosta...

Note..........I just noticed I answered an earlier question from you. Before you do any work on this install you need to understand exactly the thermostat you have purchased. Installing a Nest is more complicated than you think, and from the information you state on the other post, you have a used set. First you need to make sure this one is working, and if purchased from ebay who knows what you have.

Can you upload a picture of the Heat Link showing the front?

SurajNest
Community Member

Thank you for sharing. I will need some help to install the heatlink unit and set up the wiring. Not comfortable during it myself .

The Heat Link install is not a novice job, you need someone in the know. Get it wrong, and 240v into 12v does not go. The display can be installed on a stand, and plugged into a usb charger, that end done, but the Heat Link has to be hard wired into the boiler connections.