cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nest temperature sensor not compatible to Google nest thermostat, NEED ANOTHER OPTION

Jaimel26
Community Member

Hello,

I just bought a “Google Nest Temperature Sensor” and to my surprise is not compatible to “Google Nest Thermostat” (not E or Nest learning whatever), even when in the sensor’s box says “For Google Nest Thermostat”…

Either way, is there any temperature sensor that could be link with “Google Nest Thermostat” (NOT E or Nest learning) and be able to control temperature based on the temperature read by that sensor? 

Thanks.

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

As far as I'm aware no, there are no temperature sensors compatible with the Nest Thermostat (2020 model).

Nest Temperature Sensor is only compatible with Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E in the US and Canada.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

As far as I'm aware no, there are no temperature sensors compatible with the Nest Thermostat (2020 model).

Nest Temperature Sensor is only compatible with Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E in the US and Canada.

Jaimel26
Community Member

Ok thanks. So, to conclude, there’s no temperature sensor that can be used with nest Thermostat (2020 model). I would need to buy a nest E to be able to do that…

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Correct, you need a Nest Learning Thermostat or Nest Thermostat E and to be in the US or Canada.