cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Heating has a life of it's own

namloc2001
Community Member

I have a nest connected wirelessly to heat link. It's been installed for about 3 years or longer. Nest has always been positioned in the same place and has been working fine since installation. However in the last 3-4 months the heating has been coming on in the night when not scheduled to.

It normally occurs from 1-2am onwards and it just keeps on heating. Tonight, despite the schedule being set to 16°C, the heating was on and temperature was showing as 20°C - and still heating!

I've phoned up for support but the assistant clearly had little idea on how to help and left me feeling incredibly frustrated.

The following settings are in place:

- home/away assist = off

- auto schedule = off

- time to temp = ready

- true radiant = off

- sunblock= on

- leaf = ready

- eco-temp = 12°C

I have recently cleared the schedule and this appeared to resolve the problem for a short amount of time, since setting a new schedule it was ok for a while but the problem has now started up again.

The only way to get the heating off is to switch off the heat link.

I have also tried positioning the thermostat near the heat link - it's approximately 2 metres away tonight and still it's happened.

The thermostat history never shows any record of the heat being on during the night.

I'm losing my mind with this and I'm the verge of getting it replaced with a different product.

4 REPLIES 4

DBealby
Community Member

Apologies if this is something you’ve already done. Have you tried restarting it?

namloc2001
Community Member

Hi, when you say "it" are you referring to the thermostat or the heat link?

I've tried both switching the heat link off at the power and holding the main button to do a full reset.

I've also done a restart of the thermostat via it's settings menu.

I was meaning the nest thermostat. It sounds like you’ve done it. 😩😩
sorry

lnube
Community Member

This is the 4th post on this issue, but on the others it’s showing on the history. This seems to be something that has appeared recently. Wondering if they did an update that is causing this problem. Never had a problem on the thermostat we had for years.