cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Horrible Nest Customer Service

kim55
Community Member

I was unable to reset my Nest app using the forgot password function. The email never came to my Inbox or Junk folders resulting in a call to customer service. Worst experience. The rep did not listen at all. I clearly informed her that I signed into Nest with my Nest login NOT Google. She then requests me to give her access to my phone wirelessly so that she can fix it. That is crazy. All I wanted was a password reset. I refused then she changed to requiring me set up a gmail account in order for me to reset my password. I have a Google account using a different ISPs email as my login but not a gmail account. I just wanted my password reset. When I asked to speak to a manager she started talking over me and refused to give me one or her badge number. I will never buy another Google product. The requirement to setup a gmail account is ridiculous and the customer service is horrible. It should not be this difficult to reset a password. The reference number for my call was 6-6396000035725 since the rep would not provide her ID#.

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@kim55 

Unless there is some malfunction on Google Nest's servers that is preventing sending a password reset email, the most likely reason for NOT getting a password reset email is that you are somehow inadvertently entering an incorrect email address. If that's NOT the case in your situation, then please just disregard my reply, but I've seen more than a few posts in this forum where customers do realize they've somehow been using the wrong email address to log back into the Google Nest app.

kim55
Community Member

Unfortunately I do not believe that is the case. The monthly emails I receive from Nest go to the email account that I am using to attempt to log in. Since my email was required as a login ID I don't see how another email could be the login. At this point, I would hope I have enough sense to check that I am using the correct email account or know how to type.

@kim55 

Since that's the most likely cause, I just thought it was worth checking. I've worked with computers for almost half a century, and have entered my email or password incorrectly many times, including times when I was absolutely (but falsely) sure I had entered it correctly.

I hope you can get it resolved. and that Google Nest Support steps in to follow up on your case.

Thanks.