cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want the Nest Smart Thermostat display to stay on all the time... how?

rnmenterprises
Community Member

I guess this is a feedback issue, since none of the other "issue categories" seem appropriate...

I want to be able throughout the day to look over and see what the temp in the house is, but currently I have to go wake it up to do that. Is the most expensive thermostat actually unable to leave the display on all the time???

Help appreciated if I'm missing something obvious. Really don't want to have to return them.

9 REPLIES 9

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@rnmenterprises

In another post, another customer said this would probably deteriorate the thermostat and suggested enabling "Farsight" (Settings -> Display -> Use Farsight) so the display would at least go on when you entered the room.

Well, thanks for that, Mp...

Guess it has something to do with burn-in of the screen, I'm supposing?

Unfortunate that it's not robust enough to handle being on all the time or on a timer, or during waking hours, etc. like, say, anything else with a screen these days.

Major Fail imo, Google.. shame on me for buying into the hype.

@rnmenterprises

Perhaps it's because the Nest thermostats have a much brighter display. Our conventional programmable thermostat's display is on all the time, but it's an LED display and we can't see it at night unless we press a button on the thermostat.

Hey folks,

We appreciate your help here, @MplsCustomer.
@rnmenterprises, I wanted to follow up and see if you are still in need of any help. Please let me know if you are still having any concerns or questions from here, as I would be happy to take a closer look and assist you further.

Thanks,
Mel

Thank you for reaching out.

No, my question has been answered. I'm going to return my two thermostats in favor of another brand because seeing the temp easily (without needing to approach the 'stat) is part of our needs.

Thanks!

Hi rnmenterprises,

We're sad to see you go. We hope we can make it up to you in the future. Send us a message if you change your mind.

Best regards,

Mel

Hey rnmenterprises,

Checking back in should you still have some questions here. Let us know by replying to this thread. 

Best, 
Mel

rnmenterprises
Community Member

I'm good, thx for checking in.

Hey rnmenterprises, 

Awesome — glad to hear that your issue is fixed. It looks like we can consider this one complete, so I will lock the thread shortly unless I can help out with anything else. 

Best, 
Mel