cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My NEST 3rd gen thermostat connects to 5.0 GHz on my Xfinity Gateway and loses connection constantly

Libertas
Community Member

There is no way on the Xfinity Gateway router to change the band to 2.4.  When connected to 5.0 it loses connectivity to the PHONE Nest app and Google Home app on my iPhone.

Somewhere here I was told to change the band or channel on the router so thermostat would connect via 2.4, but that is not an option on the router.

Is there a way to change it on the thermostat or the iPhone 14+ with most recent update.

The info on the thermostat always says connected to the app and to the wifi network, always.  It says OFFLINE on the app on my iPhone often, is the issue.  Yes I connect to the Next app through my Google account.

BTW what I dont understand is the connection of the router to the thermostat a seperate connection than the thermostat to the app on the phone?  Very confusing, if the phone is the problem then the connection of the phone to the thermostat is the problem, right?  How can I change the way the phone connects to the app on the thermostat?

0 REPLIES 0