cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Will Not Connect to Wifi

SophiaB
Community Member

I have had my Nest for over a year with no problems. However, about a week ago my Nest disconnected from my WiFi and no matter what I do it will not reconnect. I have tried restarting my WiFi, restarting the nest and everything. I know my WiFi is working because everything else in the house is connected to it and working just fine. No matter what I do the Nest will not reconnect. I’m quite frustrated. 

2 REPLIES 2

MB06
Community Member

This happened to mine too. Seems to be a known issue. Google (via their chat function) offered to send a replacement free of charge so long as I return my old one. If I didn't return my old one, my account would be charged, which is fair enough. Unfortunately the replacement never arrived but they intend to charge my account anyway while they "look in to the issue". I'm now almost a month in, no further on and will soon be £140 out of pocket. 

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

There are a couple of things to try..... First reset your network in - settings - Reset, do that twice. Then try and find your wifi.

Second, try and hotspot your Nest to your phone, that will prove once and for all it's a wifi chip problem.

Are there any error messages on the screen?

How old is the Nest, if under a year go straight back to the retailer, don't waste your time messing about with Google and tell them to get sorted. Where are you located, which country? The UK has consumer law, and that covers us up to 5+ years, so if you are in the UK certainly don't waste your time with Google.