cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest learning thermostate heat link not working anymore

Smullie79NL
Community Member

Hello, after 4 years the heat link has stopt working 2 days ago. The heat link looks broken and there is no light burning. The power is available and I try to restart it. The thermostate is blinking a red light and I tried to charge it with a USB charger and then it blinks a green led, but it doesn’t start.

I think the heat link is broken and I want to get in contact to see what we can do about this issue. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: After contacting Google Support they send me a new Heat Link and now it is working again. Great service and support from Google!

regards,

Robert

5 REPLIES 5

Frustratedddd
Bronze
Bronze

When the red light blinks obviously the battery is very low, if the green light is flashing but no display you may have drained the batttery really low. Charge with usb for about an hour, and if no display, squeeze the front to back of the display until you see the house come on, then release.

The quickest way to get the heat link back up and running is buy from ebay.

Thanks for your reply. The battery was indeed very low and after charging the thermostat it started. After putting it back on the wall mount the error H72 appears. Something wrong with the power from the heat link I suppose.

The heat link doesn’t show any lights and not responding. I tried to connect a usb charger to the heat link and then an orange light is showing (without the 230v), but nothing worked. With the 230v power connected nothing works on the heat link.

My opinion is that the heat link is not okay.

Hopefully the google support team can help for fixing this?

Plugging a usb into the heat link port is pointless as that’s a data port not a supply source. 

You are right, but it was the only thing that does something and lights come up (that’s all and pointless indeed). I really think the heat link is not working anymore. I see that more people has the same issue on the internet. 

Yes it’s probably the same component failed. Easy fix, but annoying without heating.