cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Set up thermostat with on serial number

NHW
Community Member

The thermostat is new but the renovators painted on the thermostat so the cover won’t come off. I have the serial number from the box but not the QR code. When I try to set the thermostat up, I’m asked to scan the QR code or enter key code.  I can’t access these since the cover won’t come off. How can I set up the thermostat on the google or nest app with only the serial number?

1 Recommended Answer

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

First check which model of thermostat you have:
How to tell which Nest thermostat you have - Google Nest Help

Nest Thermostat
For the Nest Thermostat model, use the Google Home app. The QR code and setup key are physically printed on the back of the thermostat. You cannot setup the thermostat without the QR code or setup key so you will need to remove it from its base to get to them. Follow these steps:
Get started with your Nest Thermostat - Google Nest Help

Nest Thermostat E and Nest Learning Thermostat
For Nest Thermostat E and Nest Learning Thermostat models, use the Nest app. The QR code and setup key are in the settings on the thermostat itself and are not printed on the device. Follow these steps:
Add your Nest thermostat to the Nest app - Google Nest Help

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

First check which model of thermostat you have:
How to tell which Nest thermostat you have - Google Nest Help

Nest Thermostat
For the Nest Thermostat model, use the Google Home app. The QR code and setup key are physically printed on the back of the thermostat. You cannot setup the thermostat without the QR code or setup key so you will need to remove it from its base to get to them. Follow these steps:
Get started with your Nest Thermostat - Google Nest Help

Nest Thermostat E and Nest Learning Thermostat
For Nest Thermostat E and Nest Learning Thermostat models, use the Nest app. The QR code and setup key are in the settings on the thermostat itself and are not printed on the device. Follow these steps:
Add your Nest thermostat to the Nest app - Google Nest Help