cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Stuck On "Supplemental Nest terms" when trying to setup Nest thermostat on Google Home app (iPhone)

nestissarily
Community Member

When trying to add a new Google Nest Thermostat with Google Home App on iPhone, Google Home gets stuck after I select "No" for "Do you have a Nest Account" and click "I Agree" on the screen "Supplemental Nest terms" screen, I get an error message: "Request failed" "Your request could not be completed". I tried force-quitting the app and trying again but get stuck on this popup every time. I've also tried switching from Wi-fi to cellular but no luck there either. Please help, I'm unable to complete the install of the thermostat because of this bug.

IMG_2342.PNG

1 Recommended Answer

BoulderPaul
Community Member

I'm getting the same message trying to install my Black Friday Nest. I'm using a Google workspace (small business) login, apparently those don't work with Nest Thermostats. Try a personal google account? This is stupid BTW and why doesn't the setup app say this?

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BoulderPaul
Community Member

I'm getting the same message trying to install my Black Friday Nest. I'm using a Google workspace (small business) login, apparently those don't work with Nest Thermostats. Try a personal google account? This is stupid BTW and why doesn't the setup app say this?

Thanks BoulderPaul, I was on the phone with google support and they mentioned the same exact thing. I too was using a small business gmail instead of a "gmail.com" email. After switching to a "gmail.com" account I was able to get past this blocker.

Hey there,

@BoulderPaul, thanks for the help.

@nestissarily, awesome — glad to hear that your issue is fixed. It looks like we can consider this one complete, so I will lock the thread shortly unless I can help out with anything else.

Best,
Mel