cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Tried resetting thermostat; it isn’t the router/wifi: how do I find customer support?

FlyingLady
Community Member

Like everyone (?) else our Nest thermostat worked perfectly for one whole year. Almost to the day a year later, it failed. We tried every version of the troubleshooter, multiple times - it just does not recognise the WiFi any more.

The thermostat still works manually but we cannot do anything else remotely, including the monitoring and fine adjustments, which were the main reasons we bought this.

Im getting fed up with the opaque customer support: could someone please direct me to a phone line where I can speak to a human?!

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Bishboy66
Community Member

Lots of problems about this and I’m fed up too.  There must be a major problem given the number of similar complaints.  I got this UK number Pro Live Support 0808 1780546

Thank you - I’ll try calling tomorrow. I’m on live chat to BT because the *incomprehensible* and long winded guidance basically says it is a Wi-Fi/router problem . But it clearly isn’t since it wouldn’t connect to any other WiFi either. Just want a refund now!

AndreMonte
Community Member

@FlyingLady Have you try to use your phone to route Wi-Fi and then try to connect your Nest Learning Thermostat? If that does not work, you will have 100% certainty the issue is the thermostat. Also you will have another argument/point to proof to Google customer service.
I wish you good luck with it.

NickPac19
Community Member

Same problem here. My Nest thermostat stops connecting to my WiFi with the W5 error. no amout of resets/restarts help. This has happened 3 times in the last 18 months or so and I'm now on round 4. each time i contact the customer support and then I get a replacement (a refurbished NEst, not a new one), which seems to work only for a few weeks or months and the fails again after that. Customer support is just fine, you get to talk to a human being quickly, but the product just sucks. I'd prefer a refund rather than a replacement so I can get something that works rather than this piece of doodoo that fails every few months. seriously disappointed with it.

FlyingLady
Community Member

Managed to get through to Google customer support via this number 0808 169 2307

I’d been through all the steps on the online help and even got through to my internet provider and they tried lots of things (that didn’t work either).

Google are going to send out a replacement as it is still under warranty. I was assured that this will be a new device not refurbished. 

Hopefully this one will work! 

FlyingLady
Community Member

And perhaps it will fail again but I guess at least one that works temporarily is better than nothing - for now!