cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Mesh Extremely Slow

brucealder6
Community Member

I have 1 Gig fiber to the house from AT&T and my Google Wifi is constantly throttling the speed down to 20 Mbps download and even down to 2 Mbps download...it's horrific. I've been troubleshooting this for the last month. I have the Google Wifi connected directly to the Modem and need to reboot the Google Wifi router every day. Once I reboot the Google Wifi router attached to the Modem I will instantly get 700-800 Mbps download for a good 6-8 hours until it throttles it down again...it never goes longer than that.

It looks like this is an extremely well known product issue with no fixes provided whatsoever, which is extremely disappointing (this post from last year is a great example of how the problem is taken offline in the forum with no ultimate resolution provided to the public). 

I worked at Google for 9 1/2 years (just left to join Airbnb a few months ago) so I'm a HUGE fan of our products but it seems the only option here is to toss the Google Wifi routers and decide if I go with the competition or gamble on the Nest Wifi Pro.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

sldefen25
Community Member

I just posted the same issue, as well. I also have AT&T fiber and everything was great until about a little over a month ago.

I went so far as to buy new equipment thinking my old equipment was faulty...only to continue to have the same issue.

I like the google home features, including the wifi, but may have to go another direction unless this gets addressed. 

Yeah, I'm totally with you on that. I gave up and went ahead and bought the Google - Nest Wi-fi Pro 6e AXE5400 Mesh Router (3-pack) and it appears to have totally fixed it, it now runs perfectly.

Maybe it was just a matter of updating the tech, though I suspect the competition may have had a more stable product, I'm just too loyal to Google so I'll do what I can to stick with them.
Good luck!

sldefen25
Community Member

Thanks for sharing...I will do some research and may follow suit.