cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view a list of wired devices on Nest WIFI Pro

shleets
Community Member

Hello, I just installed a Nest WIFI pro 3-pack with wired backhaul and the performance has been amazing.  One thing I'm having trouble with is that I can see the wireless clients in the home app but can't view the wired devices.  Is there something I'm missing? I want to be able to see a list of devices connected to my network wired and wireless. 

1 Recommended Answer

MichaelP
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hello @shleets 

You should be able to see all of the devices – wired or wireless – that are connected to the network created by your primary/router Nest WiFi Pro unit. That unit should be the only thing directly connected to your outer internet service equipment – all wired devices should be connected to a switched Ethernet network that is rooted in the LAN Ethernet port on that primary Nest WiFi Pro unit (or connected to one of the secondary Nest WiFi Pro units). If you have multiple Ethernet ports on your internet service provider's equipment and have wired devices connected to those ports, then they are on a different ("outer") network from the ("inner") one created by Nest WiFi Pro.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

MichaelP
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hello @shleets 

You should be able to see all of the devices – wired or wireless – that are connected to the network created by your primary/router Nest WiFi Pro unit. That unit should be the only thing directly connected to your outer internet service equipment – all wired devices should be connected to a switched Ethernet network that is rooted in the LAN Ethernet port on that primary Nest WiFi Pro unit (or connected to one of the secondary Nest WiFi Pro units). If you have multiple Ethernet ports on your internet service provider's equipment and have wired devices connected to those ports, then they are on a different ("outer") network from the ("inner") one created by Nest WiFi Pro.