cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Outdoor non-wired extender compatible with Google Nest Wi-Fi Router H2D

rpopp
Community Member

I'm interested in finding a non-wired extender to boost my Wi-Fi across a fairly large outdoor area. I have limited ability to wire this directly so I'm hoping to find a solution that can behave similarly to one of the nodes. If the only solution is to wire using the LAN port from the main router, please let me know what specific device you might suggest. Also, any settings or configuration advice to make this work? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

nicoleevd
Community Member

You could get a Google Nest Pro Wifi point, but they don't do well on spaces further than two bedrooms from the router. I am not sure how far of a space you are talking about. Although, if you are trying to get a wired connection, you may want to try the Google Wifi point/router this one has an ethernet port. The Google Nest pro does not have an ethernet port. If you already have a Google router, specially if you have the Google Nest Pro router, then both the Google Nest Pro point and the Google Wifi point/router will be compatible. Although if you have a Google WiFi router, the Google Nest Pro point will not be compatible. 

rpopp
Community Member

While I appreciate your response, this is not relevant to my question. I specifically asked for an outdoor solution that is compatible. I already have indoor points and a router but they are not capable of projecting in the way I need them to. Thank you