cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Running into double NAT detected on Xbox which makes online gaming difficult. I have nest.

RachelC
Googler
Googler

Disclaimer: This thread was migrated from our previous version of the Google Nest Community.  You can continue to receive updates on your thread issue here or simply ask, browse or more in the new Google Nest Community.

Original Poster:  Drake McMillen

With double NAT, online gaming becomes restricted and choppy. I was told that the original google internet spot couldn’t be moved from the current location in our living room. My girlfriend wouldn’t be happy if I set up shop in there. So I’m using the WiFi best to get a better connection. But running into double NAT. And poor upload and download.

1 Recommended Answer

RachelC
Googler
Googler
Hi Drake, 

This usually arises if you have the Nest WiFi connected to an existing router. 

If you have your Nest WiFi connected to a separate modem and router, you would want to remove the second router from the setup. 

If you have a combined modem / router then you would need to enable "bridge mode" on this device.

You can find more information here

- From Phil S (Silver Product Expert)

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

RachelC
Googler
Googler
Hi Drake, 

This usually arises if you have the Nest WiFi connected to an existing router. 

If you have your Nest WiFi connected to a separate modem and router, you would want to remove the second router from the setup. 

If you have a combined modem / router then you would need to enable "bridge mode" on this device.

You can find more information here

- From Phil S (Silver Product Expert)