cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Notifications for Security System

jasonlowry
Community Member

I've been integrating a security system with Google Home and found it very curious that there isn't a way to inform Google Home if a burglar alarm has occurred (or is in progress).

The armDisarm trait ReportState doesn't have a "inAlarm" property to set.

The armDisarm trait doesn't have any proactive notifications for Burglar (but can use SensorState options like CarbonMonoxideLevel or WaterLeak)

Is there plans to add this functionality in the future?

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @jasonlowry ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your request. I would recommend opening up a feature request in this regard on the public issue tracker. Once we have all the details from your end we will be able to forward it to the internal engineering teams so that they could put it on the road map for future developments. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @jasonlowry ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your request. I would recommend opening up a feature request in this regard on the public issue tracker. Once we have all the details from your end we will be able to forward it to the internal engineering teams so that they could put it on the road map for future developments. 

Thank you. I actually did that yesterday after making the realization that there was a public feature request tracker. https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/336734383