cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing color for a Matter Color Temperature Light on a RGBW matter device does not work

Andrzej-Dev
Community Member

Changing color for a Matter Color Temperature Light on RGBW matter device does not work
Hello,

I am developing matter app controlling RGBW lights on nRF3540 using nRF SDK.
The commissioning of the matter device works fine using Goolge Home (from Android), same with on/off light and changing brightness (Android + Nest Hub(2nd) ).
A device has configured inside template.zap Endpoint-1 which is Matter Color Temperature Light (0x010C). For a Lightning Color Control for a Cluster is enabled and all possible Attributes are turned on (with related Commands).
From Google Home Extension for a Visual Studio Code, Home Graph Viewer shows status of my rgbw dev:

States

{
  "brightness": 11,
  "on": true,
  "online": true
}

From Nest Hub when I try to change color of my rgbw dev, I got error.
Dump from Google Home Extension > Cloud Logs:

{
  "data": {
    "locale": "en-US",
    "executionLog": {
      "executionResults": [
        {
          "executionType": "MATTER_LHP"
	  "requestId": "7140773985856741065"
	  "actionResults": [
            {
              "action": {
                "trait": "TRAIT_COLOR_SETTING"
	        "actionType": "COLORSETTING_HEXCODE"
              }
	      "status": {
                "isSuccess": false
	        "fallbackToCloud": false
	        "statusType": "TRANSIENT_ERROR"
	        "externalDebugString": "INVALID_ARGUMENT: Requested color capability is not supported"
              }
	      "device": {
                "deviceType": "LIGHT"
              }
            }
          ]
	  "latencyMsec": "130"
        }
      ]
    }
  }
}

On my rgbw device I do not see any attempts / requests reaching out rgbw dev. Is there a way to turn on more talkative logs on Nest Hub or turn on some more debugs to investigate this further.
Thanks in advance for the help.

2 Recommended AnswerS

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Andrzej-Dev ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your issue. We have forwarded  your issue to the internal engineering team. Once we have a solution to your issue we will get back to you. Thanks for your patience.

View Recommended Answer in original post

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Andrzej-Dev ,

The color light created by the zap isn’t recognized as color capable light by the Google Ecosystem , i.e why the color state is missing in the Status on the Visual Studio Code. 

We do support the color temperature light in our ecosystem. You can refer to the following Chef ColorTemperature Light sample app and see if it works for you.  

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Andrzej-Dev ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your issue. We have forwarded  your issue to the internal engineering team. Once we have a solution to your issue we will get back to you. Thanks for your patience.

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Andrzej-Dev ,

The color light created by the zap isn’t recognized as color capable light by the Google Ecosystem , i.e why the color state is missing in the Status on the Visual Studio Code. 

We do support the color temperature light in our ecosystem. You can refer to the following Chef ColorTemperature Light sample app and see if it works for you.