cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home "Something Went Wrong" For ROKU Devices

Voltoid
Community Member

Hello, I Am having trouble connecting My Onn Roku TV to Google Home. I have already gone through the process of connecting my Roku account. I have a different Roku TV that's working fine. I can connect the device to the Google Home app, but whenever I try to do something, like turn the TV off, it says "Something Went Wrong."  I see the device and can link it to my account. Then it pops up and whenever I try to click on the TV to turn it off, I get the Message. 

I also would ask my Google Home Mini to turn off the TV and it says that something went wrong. I have tried unlinking my Roku account and logging back in, I've restarted the device and factory reset it. I have ensured my phone is on the same wifi as the TV, and I have deleted my Google Home app and reinstalled it. Please help.

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Voltoid ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your issue. There can be a couple of reasons which can be causing this issue and you can follow the subsequent remediation :

• There a different modes of interacting with smart home devices using the Google Home App. In your case, the voice or touch mode does not seem to result in a successful execution of the commands. You can try leveraging a third mode, which typing your commands through the user interface of the Google Home App and see if this results in a successful execution.
  • Also, can you once check and verify if you are not using a workspace account for setting up Google Home App and the system ? Workspace accounts tend to cause issues due to certain restrictions . Hence, try using a regular account. 

Also, when you encounter "Something went wrong" error in your Google Home App, there is a feedback button which you can use to raise your request to Google. Moreover, I would also recommend you to reach out to the technical support team of Roku and tell them the details of your issue along with the serial number of your device so that they can first do their due diligence in investigating about your issue and subsequently redirect it to us if there is a fault on Google's end.  

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Voltoid
Community Member

Video link  for showcase

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Voltoid ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your issue. There can be a couple of reasons which can be causing this issue and you can follow the subsequent remediation :

• There a different modes of interacting with smart home devices using the Google Home App. In your case, the voice or touch mode does not seem to result in a successful execution of the commands. You can try leveraging a third mode, which typing your commands through the user interface of the Google Home App and see if this results in a successful execution.
  • Also, can you once check and verify if you are not using a workspace account for setting up Google Home App and the system ? Workspace accounts tend to cause issues due to certain restrictions . Hence, try using a regular account. 

Also, when you encounter "Something went wrong" error in your Google Home App, there is a feedback button which you can use to raise your request to Google. Moreover, I would also recommend you to reach out to the technical support team of Roku and tell them the details of your issue along with the serial number of your device so that they can first do their due diligence in investigating about your issue and subsequently redirect it to us if there is a fault on Google's end.  

Danny86
Community Member

Having the same problem, just started at the end of Feb 2024

Danny86
Community Member

The "solutions" you e gotten so far here are meaningless. I found the same problem, any luck on your end?