cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matter after Commission to google fabric not able to find device in Goggle home App

Supriya
Community Member

I commission the matter device using goggle play service using following function

after commission success not able to find commissioned device in goggle home app. is there any Method need to call after commission success to register device in google home app, I want to commission matter device in goggle fabric from my app and device can control by using goggle Home app

private fun commissionDevice() {
val request: CommissioningRequest = CommissioningRequest.builder().build()
Matter.getCommissioningClient(this)
    .commissionDevice(request)
    .addOnSuccessListener { result ->
        commissioningLauncher.launch(IntentSenderRequest.Builder(result).build())
    }

}

After commission success matter device should be visible and Controle by using goggle home app

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Supriya ,

• Once your device is successfully commissioned, your device is now connected to both the Local Android Fabric and the development fabric. 
  • Once a device is commissioned to the sample app, you can easily share it with other ecosystems. To share your Matter device with other ecosystems, you'll need to have another platform installed on your Android device. This external platform becomes the target commissioner. 
  • More information in this regard can be found here.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @Supriya ,

• Once your device is successfully commissioned, your device is now connected to both the Local Android Fabric and the development fabric. 
  • Once a device is commissioned to the sample app, you can easily share it with other ecosystems. To share your Matter device with other ecosystems, you'll need to have another platform installed on your Android device. This external platform becomes the target commissioner. 
  • More information in this regard can be found here.

I want to commission the device to google fabric not to android and development fabric and i have use the code to commission to google fabric, and want to control the device from google home app

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @SupriyaSA ,

Currently commissioning the devices to Google fabric and controlling it through your app is under development. Keep checking our public news letter and documentation for any updates in this regard.