cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28/03/2024 Google Nest mini not acting with voice but Google app have the devices and work

JoseSerrano
Community Member

Dear all, I have 4 google nest mini 2 and more then 50 IoT devices via smart life working for more then 1 year.

yesterday all was working good, but today, when I say "hei Google switch on kitchen lights" or "office lights" the nest always reply "Sorry I do not understand".

If I go to Google Home App all the divices are there and working manually.

I even deassociated all the nest mini and reconfigured all of them again.

Can you support. thanks

3 Recommended AnswerS

JoseSerrano
Community Member

My house is share with my wife and I found now that she can do all by voice on all the nest devices and I can´t

View Recommended Answer in original post

Aqui en Argentina acaba de solucionarse, ahora responde bien. Parece que lo solucionaron. Lo seguire probando.

Fish4000
Community Member

Hello,

At home in Belgium, everything has been solved. I no longer have any problems. Whether it's me or my partner making a request, it works.

Thank you all for your help!

20 REPLIES 20

JoseSerrano
Community Member

addicional info. 

Some of this devices have routined defines like for example 2 computer monitors that are in a routine called "switch on the monitors". If I say "switch monito 1" or "switch monitor 2" he does not work and yesterday was working. but if I say the reoutine name they will switch on.

This is happening to all de 50 devices I have, all connected, all visible and all working on googe home app... not working by voice

Humba73
Community Member

Hi and greetings from Germany!

I have exactly the same problem. Seems to be a problem on Google's end. I tried resetting all my devices and relinking my hue account - that did not change anything. 

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Google-home-doesn-t-find-my-devices-any...

More people complaining about and looks like its associated with the country lang. if google assistant in english it will work but franch, italian, portugues etc not 

Right, I tried addressing it in English and it works even though it is set to German. I am sure they have already started working on the issue. 

Regards to lovely Portugal! 

JoseSerrano
Community Member

My house is share with my wife and I found now that she can do all by voice on all the nest devices and I can´t

thats not a solution, so the problems marked as answerd is incorrect

LeJaWe
Community Member

Hello,

I'm from the Netherlands and I use Dutch commands. Google is reacting fine on the commands my wife gives but doesn't listen to my commands (I mean Google nest and not my wife :D)

So, it's the same problem as JoseSerrano has.

Daniel_24Argent
Community Member

Desde Argentina tengo el mismo problema, todos los dispositivos conectados dejaron de responder. 

Solo se enciende una luz si le digo ILUMINAR Luz taller por ejemplo, y no si le digo Encender Luz taller (como lo hago desde hace 2 años). Pero solo logro que se apague si le digo Shutdown light Luz taller.  O si quiero que se apaguen todas Shutdown lights. Confirma problemas de idiomas.

Es cierto. El comando iluminar si funciona en español. Tengo el mismo problema y con ese comando si funciono

Fish4000
Community Member

Hello,

I come from Belgium and I have the same problem since this morning Google assistant does not understand simple requests like "turn on the bedroom lights", "turn on the plug", ...

With the Google Home application, all devices work manually.

let me know if you found a solution !

Espada72
Community Member

Same issue here. Language Dutch. 28 smart devices have been working fine since a couple of years. Suddenly a simple command like ‘lamp aan’ (lights on) does not work anymore. Using the Home app, all can be controlled without issues.
Hope Google is able to fix this asap

Aqui en Argentina acaba de solucionarse, ahora responde bien. Parece que lo solucionaron. Lo seguire probando.

Hope they can solve it in the rest of the world soon too 

Back home now, tested and I can confirm issues are solved for me also 👍🏻

beo21
Community Member

Germany still waiting … 

KingNoru
Community Member

Same issue here in South Korea. I connected my Macmini monitor power to the nest, and it worked just fine until yesterday. If I say "turn on/off the monitor", the nest replies in two ways 1) I don't understand 2) say the device name you want to control.

In google home app, the device is well connected and can control manually.

JoseSerrano
Community Member

Hi all, here in Portugal all working now. You will start to notice that you will be able to switch on a lamp for example and then you will not be able to switch off, after 2 h more or less you will find that you will be able to do all.

Daniel_24Argent
Community Member

En Argentina lo sigo probando y funciona bien. Solo un televisor que antes se apagaba con "apagar tv taller", ahora solo acepta "tv taller apagar". 

Fish4000
Community Member

Hello,

At home in Belgium, everything has been solved. I no longer have any problems. Whether it's me or my partner making a request, it works.

Thank you all for your help!