cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast is using computer voice not the actual voice

g00glefanboy247
Community Member

the broadcast message is back to using computer voice, not the actual human voice. this was fixed last year, now it's back to that lame computer voice that messed up the actual voice message. hope something can be done asap. i am using google home 1st gen and google home mini 1st gen.

69 REPLIES 69

OSTBear
Community Member

Found a workaround: if you add a bunch of gibberish noises to the front, it won't broadcast in robot voice.

thank you for that insight. but i do hope they still fix it without us doing extra just to use an already working function messed up by updates.

realjax
Community Member

Still not fixed. Sigh. Sometimes it works like it should,  other times our voice iS STILL used for training purposes evil Google!

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

It's broken again.  Google Nest is again using a computer voice, and is rephrasing the broadcast message.

what on earth is google up to? this is really frustrating. they will fix the issue and after a few days, it will return to a broken state.

realjax
Community Member

Long gone are the days where being a Google engineer meant you knew what you were doing.

Kaissandei
Community Member

So we got a few days of fix and now it’s broken AGAIN. /sigh 

OSTBear
Community Member

I somehow knew I shouldn't confirm it's working. Not even a week after they reported it's fixed, the robot voice is back. Worse, it's now started to translate the gibberish noises I make at the start to bypass.

bch
Community Member

Holy crap Google, what is going on?  Happening again!

westandsylvie
Community Member

This is still not fixed for me (today is 5/18/2024).  Please advise.

Agent-616
Community Member

How on earth was this broken, fixed and broken again in like 2 weeks??

It's more like it was never fixed.

Kaissandei
Community Member

It’s worse than ever now. AI is only sending the last couple of words. Broadcast is useless at this point

bch
Community Member

Man, this is getting comical.  Are people who are qualified actually looking into this? Just tried to broadcast, the stupid Assistant voice only picked up half the broadcast.  

Get. This. Fixed.

korpx
Community Member

Same problem. 6 Google Mini Gen1 and Gen2. Totally useless. Just implement a on/off setting for it in the Google Home app and be done with this nonsense.

But as usual the weeks/months go by.

kelanfromgoogle
Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey all,

Jumping in again to let you know that we are seeing your comments that this issue has returned. The team has been looking into it and hope to have a fix soon. I don't have any more information to share right now, but we are aware and working on it. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Kelan

thanks, hope you can give us a heads up once your team has an update regarding the fix. this can be frustrating from users of the said function. this shouldn't be happening since the product should be matured by now and should have fewer errors. anyways, thank you for responding to our complaints.

Please understand us; The issue hasn't just returned, It's getting worse. Sometimes it's losing half of what I tell it. Other times? It completely changes what I've said. This morning I said "hey [Jim], come get some breakfast."

Google spat out in it's AI voice "Go to bed, and breakfast."

How hard is it for you guys to roll the patch back?

We waiting now for a long time to fix this Problem. Last Year the same **bleep**.

I dont buy any Google Device anymore. Cannot use it. 

Why does Google change this? Take our Money and then change the System?

My Patience is gone now. Waiting to long. Bad Customer Service from Google.

realjax
Community Member

I'd be surprised if this gets (really) fixed anytime soon. Remember last time? Took 2 months  and a couple of hundred  replies to the first user notification before it got fixed. I simply dont trust Google anymore.

DJB31st
Community Member

Literally the most frustrating devices to use due to them constantly breaking this feature!

rbairwell
Community Member

We've got 2 Android phones, 2 Google Minis and a Google Speaker and are just about to give up on the whole eco-system because of this reoccurring simple issue. We are a neurodivergence household (and so don't like unexpected changes) and have mobility impaired people in the house hold - so being able to do a quick simple "Hey google, broadcast when you are free, can you help me get to bed" is brilliant: but not when the other person just hears "*Bleep* [insert 5-10 seconds of silence] Broadcast from bedroom speaker: [2 seconds silence] bed" in the robotic voice giving no idea of who it actually was, the tone of their voice (for urgency) and missing 90%+ of the actual message....

How Google keep messing this simple useful feature up is astonishing. All we want for the intercom/broadcast facility to do is to broadcast the message we say. Nothing more, nothing less.

bch
Community Member

What's going in with this?  At this point, tell us what is happening. Details.  Is this going to be fixed?   Today, I tried to broadcast to all speakers and I got the assistant voice saying "broadcast from Kitchen Speaker": then it cut off my broadcast after the first 2 words.  All in the assistant voice. It seems to me you are doing this in purpose, meaning getting rid of using our own voices 

Are you?  Just tell us what is happening so we can make our decision to either bail or keep your services.  

Kaissandei
Community Member

Why do I feel like we're the guinea pigs for training their Gemini AI? We can tell you're changing things because it did not tell you which speaker the broadcast came from until recently. Now it says "broadcast from kitchen speaker" before you get a one word broadcast. I get one issue with the computer voice is we didn't know where the broadcast came from but this is NOT the fix. It is also changing the meaning behind what we say to what it THINKS we are trying to saying and it is always wrong. Please just let us broadcast our recorded voices again. Use your employees to train Gemini not customers who are at their breaking point with your products. 

Madshifter
Community Member

I'm giving up on this bull**bleep** service. Even my watch and phone won't broadcast anymore. Pathetic system. 

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

I don't know whether Google Nest has actually fixed this or not, but today (in Minnesota, USA) the Broadcast function is actually broadcasting my own voice, along with displaying the words, and without saying which speaker the broadcast came from.

Not here in Georgia, USA

realjax
Community Member

Probably just coincidence. Knowing Google they have not fixed it, or at best half ssed

Falkenbruck
Community Member

Not fixed. Getting worse every day.

Useless Garbage now.

Fix this please. Last Year the same **bleep**.

Customer is only a Cashcow, nothing more for Google

Madshifter
Community Member

Why is AI only accepting English? It's hella annoying. Also my phone can't broadcast. It Keeps asking, what's the message over and over again