cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast is using computer voice not the actual voice

g00glefanboy247
Community Member

the broadcast message is back to using computer voice, not the actual human voice. this was fixed last year, now it's back to that lame computer voice that messed up the actual voice message. hope something can be done asap. i am using google home 1st gen and google home mini 1st gen.

20 REPLIES 20

realjax
Community Member

Cant believe they ffed this up again!!

i don't know why they keep messing up a function that is working. Are they really trying to annoy their consumers?

g00glefanboy247
Community Member

guess their people are just too lazy to test before deploying updates. this shouldn't be happening already. what they should fix is making it more responsive and maybe, if possible, integrate their Gemini just what they did to Android phones.

Agent-616
Community Member

Agree with all above. Why the heck are you messing around with this Google? It worked perfectly fine, if a lil slow sometimes. But geez, stop changing it already. 

Let's hope the fix doesn't take months again. 

BjörnIse
Community Member

I almost had a heart attack when I heard that AI broadcast voice again this morning. I've about had it with Google. Constantly introducing either bugs or things nobody wants. At least have the decency to notify us of changes and offer the option to opt-out of those changes.

They also now have the option to select what devices are allowed to broadcast. They just keep changing the software. It's ok but I do hope they don't mess up working ones already.

Kaissandei
Community Member

Came to report the same thing. It was fixed last year but now it's back. The broadcast is broken as far as I'm concerned. It takes forever to come through and missing half the message. 

Chromedome2431
Community Member

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. The delay is a pain in the a$$. So tired of everything with a Google name on it having constant issues. 

bch
Community Member

I beginning to think the devs being hired are completely underqualified.  Never have I seen so much incompetence than we see with google home products.   Started off great, but boy, google sure likes to pick things apart so they are completely unusable....then say "there isn't enough usage so we are canning the whole project".   Crazy.

i agree. the goal is to improve and not break something that is already working.

realjax
Community Member

Just remember people that Google is evil. They probably needed more input data for AI training purposes. So they just steal our voices for a few months and then say 'oh sorry, we are doing our utmost to fix this asap!'. Mark my words 

OSTBear
Community Member

I know this had been an issue last year around October... But it appears to be back again. 

When I tell Google to broadcast a message, it translates it through speech to text. This is absolutely infuriating for me because I work with a young man with Down syndrome who doesn't trust the robot voice. He trusts the voices of people he recognizes.

This feature was so wildly unpopular before, I can't picture why it would suddenly come back. I read months and months of messages from people complaining about this. Do you all just not care about our concerns anymore?

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi @OSTBear 

Thanks for reporting this and we have the Nest team looking into it now. 

realjax
Community Member

And ask them how come they ff-ed this up again!

thanks. hope they can fix sooner than later.

g00glefanboy247
Community Member

Guys, i think it's back to normal again. Though I wonder how long it will last. Thanks for your responses. Hope yours are working as intended too.

It's back to normal for us too.

kelanfromgoogle
Community Manager (Admin)
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey folks,

I'm seeing your messages that this behavior is back to normal for you. I did check with the team and they've confirmed that a fix has been pushed. I apologize for the inconvenience, if you're still experiencing this issue with broadcasting after tomorrow please respond on this thread to let us know. 

Thank you,
Kelan