cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcasting is not working in Google Speakers and Hubs

lakshmideepakI
Community Member

using automation scripts with typpe : assistant.command.Broadcast. Now it stopped working completely there is not broadcasts is spoken even though script logs shows "Action attempted for Assistant command: [assistant.command.Broadcast]".

This is very much required feature to make automation's more useful in Home. 

@Google1 @NestHub 

1 Recommended Answer

lakshmideepakI
Community Member

Hi Found work around for the Broadcasting issues. 

In My original scripts I have multiple Starters and Conditions by reference "-name" with combination of 7 different automation scripts. 

Now I have made each script for each automation then Broadcasting is working. It solved the Major Problem. But it is wise google can fix the issue having multiple use cases in single script file

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

WadeWilson
Community Member

Hello, the same thing with me since this morning, whether through the script editor or a classic routine. From the moment the broadcast is automated, there is a crash. On the other hand, no problem for voice broadcasting.

Administrateur GoogleHomeFrance :
web : www.ghomefrance.com
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC24laDXYcj0k1VI0bPaRxuw

Nes58
Community Member

Hi, my scripts have the same problem, occurred overnight, the hub issued sometimes the message : sorry i do not understand this, but mostly nothing.  Only voice activated commands seems to be working. All scripts worked fine before.

lakshmideepakI
Community Member

Hi Found work around for the Broadcasting issues. 

In My original scripts I have multiple Starters and Conditions by reference "-name" with combination of 7 different automation scripts. 

Now I have made each script for each automation then Broadcasting is working. It solved the Major Problem. But it is wise google can fix the issue having multiple use cases in single script file

Hi! Can you please detail a little bit? Because I'm finding the same issues as well without any solution:

metadata:
name: Nest Cam Motion Detection
description: Announce message when motion is detected

automations:
starters:
- type: device.event.MotionDetection # Motion has been detected by the device.
device: Nest Cam

actions:
- type: assistant.command.Broadcast
devices: Google Speaker