cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Error message when syncing devices

FJO
Community Member
When I ask the assistant to sync all devices (on my hubs, minis, phone or tablet), I get the response:

”Sure, syncing devices for 4 providers. 3 things aren't available. You might want to try setting them up again.”

This happens when asking using voice on Nest Minis or Nest Hubs, and also when asking the assistant app on my phone or tablet.

The 4 providers linked to Google Home are Philips Hue, Harmony, TP-Link Kasa and Nest (although Nest doesn’t explicitly show on the “works with Google” linked services list in the GH app). 

Including “virtual devices” from Harmony remotes, my Google home app lists 31 devices, so it’s hard to identify what is the assistant struggling to sync, as the error message doesn’t specify which “3 things” are not available and all my devices seem to work. 

If Hue is not available,  the error message from the assistant is “syncing devices from Nest, Harmony and TP-Link Kasa, Hue is not a available”,  and unlinking and relinking the Hue account resolves the issue.

This suggests that the issue may be Google Home struggling to sync with Nest devices (I have 3 devices added via the Nest app: a Nest Hello and 2 Nest Protects), but there is no clear way to unlink and relink the Nest service as it is not listed on the works with Google section of the app (it used to be), and all 3 devices seem to work.

Any ideas how to resolve this and how to identify which devices is the assistant talking about?

41 REPLIES 41

Jonshouse
Community Member

Google response is abysmal. Everyone here has invested a TON of money in a google infrastructure, however the customer service from google is usually absolutely garbage. Generic questions meant for an invalid, then closing the thread. These people here would appreciate some sort of intelligent response. I have had similar issues and stumbled across this thread trying to solve my issue. 

FrankWest
Community Member

Same issue here, 3 out of 6 providers are being reported as unavailable, but everything works and Google Home is not saying which devices it can’t sync.