cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Hub (Gen 2) Alarm Issue

mrmagloo
Community Member

Strange issue popped up after the last update.  I use my GNH2 as my alarm clock.  I have different times for M-F (7:00am)  Sat (8:00am) and Sun (9:00am).  I have my snooze set for 10 minute increments.

When the alarm goes off, say at 7:00am M-F, if I hit snooze, the Stop or Cancel button no longer appears. So I have to lay there for the next 10 minutes to avoid it going off while I'm away, potentially waking the wife/kids.  If during the snooze period, I say Hey Google, Cancel Alarm, it lists all of the scheduled alarms and asks which to delete.  There no combinations of words to simply cancel the current alarm for this day ONLY. So I have to lay there waiting patiently for Google to let me turn off the alarm to start my day, every day. Mind numbing.

Why would Google's developers get rid of the Stop or Cancel button that used to be present during the Snooze period?  Don't you guys use your own stuff?  Please restore this mission critical feature.

5 REPLIES 5

SmartHomeH-TAGS
Community Member

Even if I was to stumble on some combinations of words to cancel the current alarm, without deleting the series, the point is, I shouldn't have to say anything.  RESTORE the darned Stop Button!

SmartHomeH-TAGS
Community Member

This Google Nest Community needs a "Rant" page for people to vent their disappointed.

mrmagloo
Community Member

Well 2 weeks gone, and no responses or even and acknowledgement from Google?

Hey mrmagloo

I'm letting you know that there have been some recent updates to Google Assistant and some features you might be familiar with have been changed.

Please read this article to know what changes we’re making to Google Assistant.  In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds that might be useful. You can either create a custom Routine to achieve a similar result, or you can use a standard alarm.

Regards, 

Daniel