cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Mini not communicating with iPhone

hunter1824
Community Member

My google nest mini can connect to the Wi-Fi, but at the end of the set-up I get a message that says "bedroom speaker may be set up, but we could not communicate with it from your iPhone. Make sure that you have enabled local network access in your settings..." I have enabled that, tried all the troubleshooting, and restarted my phone and nest mini. I saw something about how the nest can't connect to your phone on a shared apartment network, so I'm hoping someone can help me figure out if I can still use my device. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Do you have to login first or register devices to your shared apartment Wi-FI?

We just have to login using the password. I don't think we have to register devices.

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

And is that password the same for everyone or do you login with your own account? 

I'd recommend speaking to whoever manages the Wi-Fi. It's possible the network has a security feature enabled called client/AP isolation, which prevents different devices from communicating with each other (i.e. your phone communicating with your Nest Mini).

It is the same password for everyone. I'll reach out to the Wi-Fi company to see if they can resolve it. Thank you