cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nest Mini play wrong songs and playlists on Spotify

marcolopes
Community Member

SAME problem described HERE: https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Google-Nest-Hub-and-Mini-play-wrong-son...

(you should not LOCK topics, because they can be REUSED!!)

Since YESTERDAY, when i try to play "Discover Weekly" PLAYLIST on Google Nest Mini, it plays something else (an LP, a song, etc, called "Discover" or "Discovery", etc) and DOES NOT PLAY the "Discover Weekly" Playlist!

From almost 6 months i said "Hey Google, Play Discover Weekly PLAYLIST", and all was FINE!

Suddenly, it doesn't play the only playlist called "Discover Weekly" that i have on my profile!

What changed???

I could make it play ONCE again (but ONLY ONE TIME!) saying "Play the Spotify Playlist called Discover Weekly"! But now not even this complex command works!!!

13 REPLIES 13

marcolopes
Community Member

Well... ALL is BROKEN!!!

The google nest ecosystem is a total and complete MESS!!

- I cannot create routines because Google Home MUST BE in English (and one cannot change the APP language, because it's STUCK to the system language!!! That's a complete nonsense!) 

- Streaming AUDIO causes CONSTANT RANDOM POPPING NOISES on the Google Nest Minis! https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Strange-popping-sound-in-my-nest-mini/m...

- I cannot use VOICE COMMANDS anymore to play my SPOTIFY PLAYLISTS (with or without SPOTIFY being selected as the DEFAULT music provider!)

and so on...

This "new" problem, where i cannot even use VOICE COMMANDS to play music renders these devices completely USELESS!!!

marcolopes
Community Member

Tried "everything"!

- Selected Spotify as default music provider (there was a BUG that prevented the songs to be played by voice command IF the default provider was selected - now it's just a MESS either it is selected or NOT, maybe you were trying to fix this and messed everything up???????)

- Unselected Spotify as default music provider

- UNLINKED and RELINKED Spotify as the default music provider!

- Rebooted the devices (tested on 2 devices, one standalone and one STEREO PAIR)

What happens is, IF there is a PLAYLIST that has the "same" or SIMILAR name, GOOGLE NEST plays the first?? thing that it finds???

Example:

I have 2 playlists that contain "Discover Weekly"

1) Spotify playlist "Discover Weekly" (i CANNOT change the name, because it's created BY Spotify)

2) Spotify playlist "My Discover Weekly"

When i say "Play Discover Weekly PLAYLIST", it plays an LP (that's not even on my profile) called "discover weekly"!

When i say "Play My Discover Weekly PLAYLIST", it plays a SONG (not on any LPs from my profile!) called "my discovery"

So, YES, something changed in the last few days!!!

PLEASE REVERT THOSE changes back!!!

THIS IS A TOTAL MESS!!!

marcolopes
Community Member

The problem continues...

I found several reports here and on spotify forum that indicates this is not a new problem. 

My devices are rendered useless!

Cannot use routines...

Cannot use voice commands to play music...

Streaming plays with random popping noises...

Etc etc etc

marcolopes
Community Member

OK, this is a problem that affects ALL interactions made with Spotify, either with voice or Google Home Routines!

So, the problem is generic...

The music search if completely OFF...

SPOTIFY SHOULD GO THROUGH THE PERSONAL PLAYLISTS FIRST, OR EVEN THE PINNED ONES, and only then move to LPS, and then SONGS.

EVEN WHEN WE USE THE PLAYLIST WORD, before or after the playlist name, the search is completely off, playing a random ALBUM or SONG!!!

Please FIX THIS!!!

jamiesomething
Community Member

I'm getting the exact same issue. Over the last week my google assistant can't even fulful basic requests...

I'll say "Hey Google, play the playlist Late Night Jazz" and it'll return a playlist called "Lounge Jazz" - is that a joke?

Saying "Play my Discover Weekly playlist" used to work perfectly... now it keeps returning a random album called "Discover Weekly". Jeez it's completely unusable - idk what someone changed but my god it's infuriating. 

I'm not alone! 😕 SAME exact behaviour as me.

The search is now completely BROKEN!

Spotify BLAMES GOOGLE! https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Spotify-stopped-playing-the-correct-pla...

This renders the Google Nest ecosystem almost useless...

marcolopes
Community Member

I'm having "some" success when saying to the Assistant "Play the PLAYLIST xxxxxxxxx" (does not work if i say "Play xxx PLAYLIST"!!!)

Sometimes it plays the playlist, sometimes play an LP that has the same playlist name...

Why is this random???

Beats me!!!

Once again, ZERO feedback from GOOGLE! And it's never enough to state that THIS WAS NOT a problem! Playlists had PRIORITY over LPs and SONGS! (at least when there was no DEFAULT MUSIC PROVIDER SELECTED - this always puzzled me)

Metoo132323
Community Member

@marcolopes Mods finally locked the strange popping noise thread. 

Anyone want to start a new one?

Whaaaat??

Is it "fixed"??

Even if it is, this is a total and complete DISRESPECT! 

Locking such an important thread WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION is almost an INSULT to all the clients, to say the least!

I haven't heard any popping since yesterday, I keep listening as usual...

Anyway, Google must give us a clear FEEDBACK on that BUG/PROBLEM!!

Spoke too soon!

My stereo pair JUST POPPED!

And I have the ultrasound sensing OFF in all devices!

So, NOTHING IS RESOLVED.

Locking the thread of this ONGOING IMPORTANT UNRESOLVED PROBLEM WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION is clear message from Google saying: WE JUST DON'T WANT TO, CAN'T, OR WON'T FIX THE ANNOYING POPPING SOUND WHEN STREAMING ALL TYPES OF AUDIO ON THE GOOGLE NEST MINI and a HUGE DISRESPECT for the clients!!! https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Speakers-and-Displays/Strange-popping-sound-in-my-nest-mini/m...

migara
Community Member

Hi @marcolopes

I'm unfortunately facing the exact same annoying problem. The command in automations was set and unchanged, only the results became incorrect, leading to "random" playlists or albums...! The same behaviour also happens when using the voice assistant

Follow my TIPS and report back!

For YOUR PLAYLISTS, use the command "Play my playlist called xxx" - it's working for me, but it's a total nonsense!