cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google home doesn't find my devices anymore when language is in Italian

SalOcchipinti
Community Member

Starting this morning, Google home doesn't see my devices when the language is set to Italian. If I set to English it finds everything just fine.

If I ask to turn off a light or tun on the TV it will tell me it's not found or not configured. Exact same device will work if I change assistant language to English

Nothing has changed on my end for over a year, how do I troubleshoot?

Sal

15 REPLIES 15

Ben22
Community Member

Hi, exactly the same in french. If I speak in english it works, but not in french. It worked well yesterday, it bugs since this morning.

SalOcchipinti
Community Member

Ok good to know it’s not just Italian. Hope this gets addressed soon 

JoseSerrano
Community Member

Same here in Portugal.

I have 4 google nest mini 2 and more then 50 IoT devices via smart life working for more then 1 year.

yesterday all was working good, but today, when I say "hei Google switch on kitchen lights" or "office lights" the nest always reply "Sorry I do not understand".

If I go to Google Home App all the divices are there and working manually.

I even deassociated all the nest mini and reconfigured all of them again.

Some of this devices have routined defines like for example 2 computer monitors that are in a routine called "switch on the monitors". If I say "switch monito 1" or "switch monitor 2" he does not work and yesterday was working. but if I say the reoutine name they will switch on.

Same for Germany, but for me it doenst matter if I speak german or english, it's always I don't understand -- this sucks, all devices work via Home App and worked with speach for more than 3 years now.. I cant even turn my lights on and off now.. 

SalOcchipinti
Community Member

For me for it to work in English I had to leave it as the only language 

That's a workaround ! It worked in english, german, italiano, french and what ever before.. so it has to work again in the selected language. 

Yes but it you select any language other than English it won’t work - even if it’s the only language ! 

Ben22
Community Member

If you can't wait the problem is solved by google, you can create a routine in your language (i made it to enable or disable a light). Then it works in your langage (the name of the routine). It's stupid to make a routine just for one object, but well....at least it works till it ll be repaire

JoseSerrano
Community Member

My house is share with my wife and I found now that she can do all by voice on all the nest devices and I can´t

does any of you have the same so you can test with another mate from your home?

Yes, other persons are working (not always).. I also did the voice rec. test again, nothing changed. This seems to be a google related problem

Alborz
Community Member

I have the same problem. It does not work in German or English. I also tried different types of sentences, but neither of them worked. I also tried to speak very clearly in both languages. It does not understand that.
However, if I give him a math problem, he calculates it.

Jshighholy
Community Member

Yeah i got the same problem in Indonesian Lamguage to. But still working on english.

Cloonaid
Community Member

Same here Dutch it doesnt want to turn on the light it just start streaming music. And if i want a specific device, it doesnt recognize it. Already tried resetting it (google nest mini) and turning off power on devices and internet.

SalOcchipinti
Community Member

I don’t it this is a valid workaround but I added Italian as second language in assistant now Italian works

But if I have just Italian it won’t work - weird but at least it’s working again 

Ben22
Community Member

It seems to be repaired this morning. All work fine again