cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing radio or music for specified time

Pianolady
Community Member

I’ve always asked. “Google play radio 4 [or whatever] for 30 minutes”and it’s done it, but now it won’t stop after. 30 mins, this has just started the last few days. Any ideas please. 

1 Recommended Answer

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @Pianolady 

Don't know why but it seems this has always seemed to be a little problematic, e.g. not that reliable and has been reported at times by many others.

What is reliable though that I always use is that if you are already playing the radio, or anything such as Youtube or Spotify etc. that if you want it to stop in say 30 minutes, just say 'Hey google stop playing in 30 minutes.

So in your case you would say 'hey google play radio 4', then once it starts say 'hey google stop playing in 30 minutes.

I use this regularly at night when I often read for a bit before putting my head down, then just say to the speakers to stop playing in 30 minute when it's time to sleep.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kadven
Silver Product Expert
Silver Product Expert

Hi @Pianolady 

Don't know why but it seems this has always seemed to be a little problematic, e.g. not that reliable and has been reported at times by many others.

What is reliable though that I always use is that if you are already playing the radio, or anything such as Youtube or Spotify etc. that if you want it to stop in say 30 minutes, just say 'Hey google stop playing in 30 minutes.

So in your case you would say 'hey google play radio 4', then once it starts say 'hey google stop playing in 30 minutes.

I use this regularly at night when I often read for a bit before putting my head down, then just say to the speakers to stop playing in 30 minute when it's time to sleep.