cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Problems with google mini not playing song

Scotsgal
Community Member

I have YouTube music premium.  Up until 3 days ago it played anything I asked it to play with no problems. Now when I ask it to play a specific song it answers it has looked for it and cannot be played at this moment. It will play any artist but not an individual song that I ask for. This is really frustrating. Got on to Google chat but they were useless, has anybody else had this problem and solved it. (I've rebooted WiFi, and mini, even did a factory reset) YTM is my default player. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

jwmshaw
Community Member

Hi Scotsgal, I started having the exact same problem 2 days ago. I'm assuming you are Scottish? So am I, I wonder if this is a geographic issue?

Here is a question I just posted: 2 days ago, when asking for a specific song, my Google Nest has started saying "it either isn't available or can't be played right now" when it was available last week.

For example "Hey Google, play Coldplay Clocks" - " I looked for Coldplay Clocks but it either isn't available or can't be played right now"
Then "He Goole, play Coldplay" "Here is some music by Coldplay" and it plays "Clocks"!
This happens with EVERY specific song but not YouTube playlists, radio stations or asking for the artist?
I have tried uninstalling the home app and YouTube Music app from my phone, resetting the nest to factory settings and doing a "clean" install" but nothing works, I never changed any settings, it just started doing this on Thursday morning.

Scotsgal
Community Member
Hi jwmshaw

Yes Scottish 😁 

Exactly the same problem you are having. You could be right with the geographical idea.
It's very frustrating, especially when you pay a subscription. 

Let's hope it is sorted soon. 

Scotsgal
Community Member

Hi again

Update.

Tried it today and it's working alright. Let's hope whatever was the problem, it's all sorted and won't happen again. 

Thanks  to  everyone who replied. 

Ok.. This is getting ridiculous. It's stopped working again.  Two days. I give up!! 

dckeegan2010
Community Member

I recently have had the same issue, no resolution. I’m not Scottish and live in the US. Works fine for my wife and the rest of my family on our family subscription.

vkocpa
Community Member

I am having the same problem.....don't think it's a geographic anomaly. If anyone has solved this mystery, a solution would be most appreciated!  🙂

jwmshaw
Community Member

I posted in another forum also, where alot of others are having the same issue and someone suggested:

"....be sure to give every post in this thread Kudo's to try to bump this thread to "trending" ....."

Also, report to The Google Nest Customer Care Team and request a call back and they'll issue you a Case ID number, the more people call/message them then the more they're gonna have to look at it.

jwmshaw
Community Member

Someone replied in my other thread saying theirs is working again, so I tried mine and it has also started working again!

Also, someone had posted this that may explain things:

Wife was looking into it.  Apparently Google settled a lawsuit, not sure exactly about what, and removed some things and have had a few problems crop up from it.  This being one of the issues people have been facing.

vkocpa
Community Member

M google home worked for about an hour two days ago, then reverted back to the same problem. I presume this problem will take some time to correct? Google home was awesome for listening to music, now not so much.

jwmshaw
Community Member

Thanks for sharing vkocpa, so far, so good with mine, I agree as Amazon doesn't let me listen to obscure 90's house music that I enjoy! I'm wondering if we should be posting on a YouTube Premium forum and reporting it to them instead as the Home and Nest team don't have much control over it, it appears to be a YouTube issue.

vkocpa
Community Member

Since the google home/nest software is the heart of the issue, the streaming services probably won’t be too interested? They still receive their monthly subscription revenues.  🙂

The way I see it (and I’ve been wrong in my life), the lost features are what made google home/nest more special (to those of us who know), than the other options who won’t be named. It will come down to customer satisfaction and market share. We may just be a small blip on the radar. This issue might be fixed in a few days…a few weeks….or not at all. I don’t want to assume Google will be in a hurry to fix the issue, but I am hoping they will. And, I’m hoping they will add in a few new features that blow our socks off. How’s that for optimism? 

jwmshaw
Community Member

I've just checked YouTube and there's nowhere to report this issue anyway 😁 You can request  a refund though.

Your optimism has brought light into my heart and I'm now convinced we shall be fully rewarded for our patience, in this life or the next.... but hopefully in this one.

vkocpa
Community Member

I agree…let’s just hope they have a ton of pride in their product and want to continue being the best at what they do.  🙂

vkocpa
Community Member

The "not responding to song requests" issue has been solved - at least for me. I have not had any problems for over a week. My Google Home is back responding like a pro.  🙃 🙂 🙃

jwmshaw
Community Member

So was mine.....for a week, the problem returned on Monday, the frikkin' day after I had renewed my subscription 😠