cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing Nest Hub announcements during work meetings

frblrpwptr
Community Member

I have multiple announcements set up with my Google Assistant to keep me on track in the course of my day.  Sometimes these are blurted out during online meetings (in Zoom or Teams).  I have my work outlook calendar shared to my google calendar, but if having a meeting in my associated account's calendar suppresses announcements, this doesn't work with a shared Outlook calendar.  I don't want to two-way sync my calendars, because I don't want all my personal stuff on my work calendar.  Currently I have to adjust volume before and after meetings or I have to use the stop gesture when my assistant starts babbling about getting up and moving around because I've been sitting so long. I have tried to schedule announcements around the usual meeting times, but there's still the meetings that run long and the irregular meetings.  I like the mic physical switch, and a sound physical switch might work (assuming I remember), but ideally, assistant would just know when to talk and when to keep quiet. 

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@frblrpwptr 

Have you tried setting your Nest Hub to "Do not disturb" (under Settings | Notifications & digital wellbeing)?

frblrpwptr
Community Member

That might be OK, now that I find what I think you're talking about with an upswipe and it looks like a circle with a bar through it.  If the initial toast that says it's "Do Not Disturb" persisted, might be better, but it puts a barred circle in the top corner that might remind me to turn it back on.  If I remembered all my stuff better, I wouldn't need the announcements, and I would remember to turn off, "Do not disturb." I guess I got overexcited reading somewhere that a meeting on my calendar puts everything in do not disturb status, but the calendar for my hub is not the calendar for my work.