cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unable to access Chromecast from my PC since Formatting and Reinstalling Windows

twisties34
Community Member

Hi all, had to format my Windows 11 PC recently and since have been unable to get it to connect to the Chromecast devices. This all worked perfectly before the formatting so it has to be a setting somewhere I am missing.

PC is on Ethernet, Chromecast devices are all connected via WiFi - same as before the reset.

There are 2 smart TV's and 2 tv's that connect via a Chromecast. In addition to a Hub speaker. The Hub speaker is working perfectly. I can chromecast from my phone to the Living Room TV. The smart TV in the Lounge and the Bedroom seem to work fine via their own connection, but no devices will show when trying to Chromecast from the PC when they would all show before the PC Reset.

I have already tried removing devices from the Home Hub on my phone and reconnecting. No difference, device is still not showing from PC. I have also tried resetting the Chromecast device on the tv in the living room and it still will not appear as a device from my PC.

Kitchen speaker and Living Room TV appear as working in the Home Hub, but the PC cannot find any devices.

2 REPLIES 2

twisties34
Community Member

Think I have fixed it. AVG Firewall settings were set to not trust the Network. Set this to trust and rebooted PC, now have the Chromecast option available on PC. 

Hello @twisties34,

I am glad to know that the issue connecting your Chromecast to your PC is working now, but in case you still need any other assistance, do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,

Helio.