cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Want to Stop music after one song

EBoreham
Community Member

Hi all, I am trying to set up a routine where my nest Mini plays a certain song - but I can't figure out if there's a way to stop it from playing music after that song is finished.

I just want the one song to play, but it always continues with other songs afterwards, that ruin the point of the routine

Is there a way I can do this?

2 Recommended AnswerS

EBoreham
Community Member

Hi, I ended up solving this myself - but thought I'd write it as a solution for those who have the same issue

The issue was within Spotify itself. I had autoplay suggestions turned off for my phone but also had to turn it off on other devices. So when Spotify played the required song it didn't play suggested afterwards. I have outlined the steps below.

1. Open Spotify

2. Open settings

3. Scroll down until you see two autoplay toggles - one for the device you are on and another for other devices

4. Turn off/on to suit your needs

5. Create a playlist with the exact song or songs you would like to be played as per your routine - you can set this to private and it won't affect the results.

6. Make sure you label the task to match the new playlist you've created!

View Recommended Answer in original post

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

WOOHOO! I am saving your solution!!😁

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Hi there,

Have you tried making the one song a playlist for the routine? 

I haven't tried and I do hope another Community member can join this thread. 

EBoreham
Community Member

Yeah I did try that but it just plays random songs afterwards that aren't in the playlist 😞

Thanks though!

EBoreham
Community Member

Hi, I ended up solving this myself - but thought I'd write it as a solution for those who have the same issue

The issue was within Spotify itself. I had autoplay suggestions turned off for my phone but also had to turn it off on other devices. So when Spotify played the required song it didn't play suggested afterwards. I have outlined the steps below.

1. Open Spotify

2. Open settings

3. Scroll down until you see two autoplay toggles - one for the device you are on and another for other devices

4. Turn off/on to suit your needs

5. Create a playlist with the exact song or songs you would like to be played as per your routine - you can set this to private and it won't affect the results.

6. Make sure you label the task to match the new playlist you've created!

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

WOOHOO! I am saving your solution!!😁

EBoreham
Community Member

Glad I could help! Haha - I haven't tested if it works without making the seperate playlist and instead just playing an individual song - but I found that creating a playlist labelled specifically helps the recognition and stops playing other playlists that are similar!

But for now I'm happy with a private playlist for each routine I need.