cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

03-13-24 9to5Google: Google Home for web rolling out camera history, video clips exit preview

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hello everyone.   I saw this article on Google 9to5 today.  This is great news for all of us looking to see the Google Nest cameras move forward with improved functionality.

Home.Google.com will now be able to view recorded clips and 24/7 footage.   It is normal for Google to roll this out slowely across the user base with no rhyme or reason as to who gets it first.  And I have seen these kind of roll-outs take a week or two.    It isn't working for me yet but it was just announced today.

Here are the details:

https://9to5google.com/2024/03/13/google-home-web-camera-history/

5 REPLIES 5

kevin-in-ky
Community Member

This is great news to see some progress.  However, I'm worried about the future of the Time Lapse Clip Feature.  In all the posts from Google there has never been any mention of porting the Time Lapse feature over to Google Home.  I'm worried they do not have this on their plan to replicate all the functionality of the Nest Cam App and Nest Cam Webpage.  The Timelapse feature is one of those Killer features that really stands out because other cameras didn't do it and Nest has had this feature for a decade.  Creating a timelapse of a snow fall, or of a construction project has always been a feature I use a lot and is really useful as well as fun, and I share these videos with friends.  

PLEASE GOOGLE DO NOT FORGET ABOUT BRINGING TIME LAPSE CLIPS TO GOOGLE HOME.

Hi Kevin-in-ky,  Although it is a feature I never use I know a lot of people like it.   Since this is a user forum Google doesn't read these requests.  Your best bet is when you are in home.google.com you can click on the 3-dots in the upper right corner and "submit feedback" that way.   As far as I know that is only way something gets to the Google developers. 

For me it seems as thought the one feature I LOVED could fall by the wayside as well.   For me the feature is being able to SAVE CLIP and then send someone a link to view it.   Right now they are requiring you save it to you photos and then deal with it your self that way.  Imagine the number of steps involved if you want to send 8 clips. 

Another BIG one for a lot of people is that when you save a clip it does not currently embed the date and time clock in the video like in the older NEST systems.  This is a big deal for when you submit a clip to law enforcement.   It will be a happy surprise if they have included this.

Andybrad
Community Member

not available in the UK yet. fingers crossed!!!

mdr2
Community Member

Has anyone received this update yet?  I still can't see it. 

Andybrad
Community Member

Yes it started working for me today