cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Way To Access Old Recordings

RecordsRecorded
Community Member

I have a Nest Hello Doorbell, an iPhone, I use both Google Home and the Nest app. I stopped my subscription to Nest Aware a week or so ago because I am moving, and didn't care so much to lose the recordings of passing by cars and such..

Well 03/14/2024 my landlord decided they were going to have "viewings" of my apartment. I wasn't given any notice other than an email from an automated system that went to my spam folder. I know for a fact, because it's how I personally went about my own viewing of the house I rent (listed as an apartment.. but is an actual house for 1 single person to live in, not a split up one with multiple tenants) that they DO NOT have ANYONE but you and god present during that "viewing." You literally go to their website, find a place, make an appointment, get an automated emailed response to confirm the appointment, then the day of appointment, you get a code for the key holding pad lock they have at the front door. Open up, and presto, you're in and free to browse around without a single other soul around.

Now sure, this is an oddity, sure it's fine when the place is vacant. Mine however... IS NOT! 

I've renewed nest aware, but the video footage is gone from yesterday and I really could use it! If there's a way, I'd really LOVE to know!

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@RecordsRecorded 

I'm just another Google Nest customer, but video history from a Nest Aware subscription starts when the subscription is purchased. The only way Google Nest could retroactively provide video history from before the time when you purchased the subscription is if they were secretly recording and saving video history from YOUR cameras without YOUR permission.  The same thing would be true of video history from AFTER you cancelled your subscription; Google Nest would have to be secretly saving the history and continuing to record it without your permission.

RecordsRecorded
Community Member

Not a pleasant thought, but hope isn’t always placed in the best places.