cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Linksys Hydra Pro 6E router to Google Wifi Pro to extend the coverage across the home

ln_murthy9
Community Member

Hello, Just today I got google fiber and router + extender installed. So far with Spectrum I have been using Linksys Hydra Pro 6E router (along with my custom modem); can I Connect Fiber Cable to Linksys Hydra Pro 6E router and then user the 2 google wifi Pro as extenders; thereby giving me higher coverage across the entire home.

Thanks,

LN.

1 REPLY 1

PatrickP_Viking
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hey @ln_murthy9 .

In theory you can connect the Nest Wifi Pro devices to a third-party router and they will function as hubs only. They have to be fully reset prior to connecting to the third-party device. You will also have to hardwire them to the third-party router for the hub mode to work. There also is the possible issue that the Linksys router isn't compatible with GFiber or the points.

Nest Wifi Pro, which you received with the GFiber install, can be expanded with additional points. If you are having issues with coverage, please see the below articles. GFiber Support may also be able to offer a second point if the coverage isn't adequate with what they installed.

Troubleshoot slow internet on Google Nest Wifi or Google Wifi 

How many Nest Wifi Pro, Nest Wifi, or Google Wifi routers or points do I need? 

Let me know if you are able to get the issue resolved or if you need additional assistance.