cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Integrating Google Nest Thermostat with Google Assistant?

JimenezAnna
Community Member

I recently installed a Google Nest Thermostat in my home and have been trying to integrate it with my Google Home setup. However, I'm encountering issues with setting up voice commands through my Google Assistant to control the thermostat. Despite following all the standard setup procedures, the Assistant doesn't seem to recognize the device. Has anyone else faced this problem? Could you share any troubleshooting tips or steps to ensure the Nest Thermostat and Google Assistant communicate effectively?

While I work on this tech issue, I'm also planning a small gathering and thinking of sprucing up the space. Has anyone used best balloon garlands from HouseOfParty.com? I heard they make for an excellent party atmosphere!

1 Recommended Answer

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @JimenezAnna ,

Google Assistant is a voice-controlled personal assistant. With it, you can give voice commands to adjust your thermostat or show your camera on your smart display, and ask questions about the status of your products.  You can go through the following page to get information about the following aspects : 

• Get Google Assistant and Google Home App
  • Connect your Nest products to Google Assistant

You can also go through the following links for assisting you in scenarios where Google Assistant doesn't respond and troubleshooting assistant when not connecting

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

sipriyadarshi
Solutions Expert
Solutions Expert

Hello @JimenezAnna ,

Google Assistant is a voice-controlled personal assistant. With it, you can give voice commands to adjust your thermostat or show your camera on your smart display, and ask questions about the status of your products.  You can go through the following page to get information about the following aspects : 

• Get Google Assistant and Google Home App
  • Connect your Nest products to Google Assistant

You can also go through the following links for assisting you in scenarios where Google Assistant doesn't respond and troubleshooting assistant when not connecting