cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Nest Hub Won't Connect to Wifi

tb1233
Community Member

I go through the setup process, and the app says "Connected", but then immediately after says "Something went wrong. Office Display may be set up, but we could not communicate with it from your iPhone. Make sure that you have enabled local network access in your iPhone's privacy settings. Then try again"

I've followed every checklist I could find to try to connect my Nest Hub to Wifi.

• Rebooted Router multiple times
  • Factory reset nest hub multiple times
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Google Home app on my iPhone
  • Trying the setup in different locations, including right next to my internet gateway
  • Trying with 2.4 GHz network and 5 GHz network
  • Turning off Cellular Data
  • Toggling the local network setting on my phone.
  • ... probably more that I'm not remembering

I have T-Mobile Home Internet, which uses ipv6 (some reddit threads suggest disabling ipv6), but also a translation layer that supports ipv4. I can't disable ipv6.

It seems like I shouldn't have to go through all this just to set up the display... I have several other nest products currently set up on my network.

Can anyone help here?

1 Recommended Answer

tb1233
Community Member

Found the problem - I had a VPN configured on my phone that was causing it not to play nice. Got them all set up

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

It sounds like you've already tried some of these steps but I'll link to them in full:

Need help with setup? Troubleshoot common Google N… - Google Nest Community

One thing you could do to narrow down the issue is try setting it up using a Wi-Fi hotspot. If it finishes setup successfully using a different Wi-Fi network, that would suggest there's an issue with your Wi-Fi network or a setting on your router preventing it from finishing setup correctly. To do that:

• Turn on the Wifi hotspot feature on a phone or tablet. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to the manufacturer's support website.
  • Connect a second phone or tablet to that Wifi hotspot.
  • You can then use that second phone or tablet to setup your device and connect it to the Wifi hotspot on the first phone or tablet.

tb1233
Community Member

Found the problem - I had a VPN configured on my phone that was causing it not to play nice. Got them all set up

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

Glad it's sorted!