cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement based on location

ImNotANestUser
Community Member

I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right forum.  This is a question about Automations for Google Home on Android.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S23.

I have an automation as follows:

When arriving within 400m of home announce "have you checked the mail today?"

I know the automation runs as I get a notification on my phone but nothing is 'announced'.  If I run it manually, from inside my house, it works fine.  Wi-Fi on or off doesn't make a difference.  Lock screen showing or not doesn't make a difference.

Edit: I added a voice starter "Hey Google, check the snail mail".  It always works with this starter..

1 Recommended Answer

ImNotANestUser
Community Member

So, what I've been told is that the Announce action will not use a phone as the output device if the routine is started automatically.  Seems like a bug to me but that's just the way it is...

This thread can be closed.

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ImNotANestUser
Community Member

So, what I've been told is that the Announce action will not use a phone as the output device if the routine is started automatically.  Seems like a bug to me but that's just the way it is...

This thread can be closed.

Hello ImNotANestUser,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We're glad to know that your question has reached its resolution. For more info about your concern, you may check this link for your reference: About presence sensing and how to manage your data

If you have other concerns relating to your Google Nest devices, please feel free to start a new topic and the Community would gladly lend a hand.

Best,

Princess