cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why can't I download and (as a human) read temperature and usage data on my Nest Thermostat

ErikTexas
Community Member

Why can't I download and (as a human) read temperature and usage data on my Nest Thermostat? I've searched this forum and it would seem the hive mind would've landed on answer... they haven't. 

For example - lets say I put in insulation and want to see how much more or less my ac is running, with my "smart" thermostat that sends data to google, you would figure I would be able to see that too. Right? 

It well may be the case that I'm too stupid to figure this out - but y'all have certainly made it difficult to find (if it is possible). 

Google support people that give generic answers of "make sure you have internet connection" or "try a different browser" is almost insulting. I say almost because I'm aware that like me, many are stupid. That said, how do I view my usage data over a period of more than 10 days in a human-readable format. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

1 REPLY 1

David_K
Platinum Product Expert
Platinum Product Expert

There is simply no feature or setting to export the data unfortunately.

I’d encourage you to also send this feedback directly to Google. You will not receive a response, unless Google need more details from you, however the team are still reading the feedback.