cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google NEST equipment is not compatible with ADT - this is BAD BAD BAD

marc3421
Community Member

I have google/nest thermostats, alarm system, and cameras.  Google anounnced they will not longer support those systems, as of April 2024, and referred me to their partner ADT.  They gave me a couple to get a free ADT hub and a couple of sensors.  I got it.  It was free.  It does NOT work with most of the expensive NEST equipment that I have.  Most troubling is it will not work with door sensors.  I have a bunch of them and they are installed and doors are painted etc to look nice.  I cannot just rip them off.

I have all my devices showing up in the Google Home app and I have the google/ADT integration on with permission.  But the ADT system still doesn't recognize most of my equipment.  I have already spent a few hours with tech support people from Google and ADT.

I cannot justify spending more money with either Google or ADT to buy more of their systems.  They have let me down.

1 REPLY 1

cdilore9
Community Member

Hi, I have a similar problem. All of the ADT+ devices are showing offline on the Google Hub Display and on my Android Phone. Therefore, I think that it points to the app or the software. I have rebooted the router several times, The hub a few times, my phone I updated and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Regarding ADT, it is frustrating because, when I contact them they refer me to Google and when I call Google I am referred to ADT.

When I contacted ADT, they clearly told me, "You must buy a Google Hub from ADT with Special software to make the Google/ADT integration work". This is not something that I recall reading in the information provided to me by Google for the ADT partnership migration. The Google Hub is not mentioned and therefore I was expecting it to function normally. If there is different software available, I think that it should be made available to the end user via updates. The end user should not have to incur any additional expenses to purchase a new Hub and discard a perfectly functional Hub potentially contributing to unnecessary environment pollution.